The Valley Vets

Complaints Policy

We aim to provide a high level of service to all our clients and patients but if you feel we are falling short we would really like you to tell us about it. All such concerns are taken seriously and dealt with in confidence.

How to raise your concerns

Tell the person you are dealing with, this is normally the vet in charge of your pet’s case, they may be able to answer your questions or allay any concerns straight away.

If you cannot speak to them or would rather discuss your concerns with another member of our team, please feel free to do so. We are here to help so please do not be afraid to ask if something is unclear or concerning you. 

Alternatively, you can put any concerns in writing. Please address all correspondence to the practice principal and wherever possible include the following information: 

•    Your name, address and convenient contact phone and email address.
•    The name of your pet. 
•    The date on which you last visited the surgery. 
•    The names of any team members related to the issue.
•    A brief description of your concerns. 
•    A summary of what in your opinion you would like us to do help resolve any concerns. 

Wherever possible we would encourage any issues be raised as soon as possible – this will make it easier for us to investigate and resolve any matters, especially those which are still ongoing. 

If your concerns are related to the use of our Out of Hours service (The Royal Veterinary College) or a Referral to another veterinary centre, we would kindly ask you to contact them first. If you are unsure who to contact or how to do this, please let us know and we would be happy to help you. 

Upon receipt of a written complaint, we will aim to discuss this with you and then may well need to investigate the matter further before being able to reach a conclusion. We aim to do this as quickly as possible and in normal circumstances, we aim to have addressed a complaint within 14 days of receiving it.

What if I am not happy with the outcome?

•    If you are not satisfied you may raise your concern with our governing body the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons (RCVS)